Install MS Office 2010 on Linux Mint-Ubuntu using PlayOnLinux · Sysads Gazette
In this tutorial you’ll see how to Install MS Office 2010 on Linux Mint/Ubuntu using PlayOnLinux .PlayOnLinux is a useful piece of software based on Wine which allows you to easily install many Windows applications with relative ease. PlayOnLiux is free and does not require a Windows licence for use. Follow the steps outlined below to install MS Office 2010 on Linux Mint/Ubuntu.
Note: I am installing on a 32bit Linux Mint
Step 1: Install Latest version of Wine
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
Step 2: Install PlayOnLinux
– Open the terminal console (simply press Ctrl+Alt+T). Run the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install curl sudo apt-get install p7zip-full sudo apt-get install winbind sudo apt-get install playonlinux
Step 2: Install Office 2010
Ensure that you have the MS Office 2010 installation files or DVD ready
– Launch “PlayOnLinux” and click Next > Next on the first use page
– Click on “Install” or “Install a program“.
– Click on the “Office” icon, next click on Microsoft Office 2010 and click Install.
– Click OK on the notification message.
– On Welcome page, click Next.
– Select installation method.
– Browse to office 2010 setup.exe file
Note: The application will install “wine” and .NET. You might be prompted to also install Wine Mono. Install where requested
– When every checks passes, you will be presented with the office installation screens. Go through each clicks to install office.
– Close install screen after installation is completed.
– PlayOnLinux will now configure shortcuts to the Office applications on your desktop.
MS Word 2010
MS Excel 2010
Hope this was easy to follow. Please feel free to share your install experience 🙂
Edit: If you would like to follow a video tutorial, you can check out this video.comments powered by Disqus