• Easily create a clipping from selected text in a form field or web page body (Firefox), or from selected text in an email or newsgroup message (Thunderbird)
• NEW! Save the source web page address (URL) with the clipping
• NEW! Make your important clippings stand out with color labels
• Paste clippings into form fields (Firefox) or new email or newsgroup messages (Thunderbird) from the Clippings context menu. Individual clippings can be pasted as rich text if they contain HTML tags.
• Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. To insert a clipping using the keyboard, press CTRL+ALT+V (Command+Option+V on the Mac), then the shortcut key.
• NEW! Locate the clipping you want to paste by typing its name and selecting it from an autocomplete menu
• Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available.
• Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
• Import and export clippings to or from datasource files to share with other users
To learn more about Clippings, please visit the Clippings page on the AE Creations website: http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings. First-time users should check out the Quick Start guide at http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/quickstart.php.
Supported Languages: English (United States), Dutch, Finnish, French, Italian, Slovenian.
Do you want Clippings in your language? If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation for Clippings, consider joining Babelzilla and signing up for your language team!
Things You Should Know About:
• Clippings 5.1.1 requires Firefox 45 or newer, and Thunderbird 45 or newer. If you have an older version of either application, you must upgrade it first, or stick with Clippings 5.0.2.
• Creating or pasting a clipping in a web page that is inside an HTML frame does not work. To workaround this issue, right-click on the page and select This Frame → Show Only This Frame from the context menu, and then try again.
• Due to technical limitations imposed by Electrolysis, the option to avoid blocking the browser tabs in Firefox when being prompted to enter a value for a placeholder is unavailable, and is automatically turned off, if multi-process browser tabs is turned on.