Install Windows application on Linux Mint 16/Ubuntu 13.10 using Winetricks · Sysads ...
Winetricks is a script to install some basic components (typically Microsoft DLLs and fonts) and tweak settings required for some applications to run correctly under Wine. It can fully automate the install of a number of apps and games, including applying any needed workarounds.
In this tutorial, I will demonstrate how to install Winetricks, Install Windows Apps and launch installed apps. First you will need to have installed Wine (See Installing Wine for details)
Step 1: Install Winetricks
[code laguage=”js”]# sudo apt-get install winetricks[/code]
Step 2: Install Windows Application
– Simply type winetricks to launch the program
[code laguage=”js”]# winetricks[/code]
– Leave “Select the default wineprefix” as default
– Select “Yes” to allow winetricks report statistics and click OK on the Thanks page
– Select “Install a Windows DLL or component” and click OK
– Lets install “Microsoft Command Prompt” utility. So select “cmd” and click OK
– Winetricks will download and install the selected application
Step 3: Launch Installed App
– Once installation is completed, click Cancel to close Winetricks. From the terminal, type the following command to launch “Windows Command Prompt“
[code laguage=”js”]# wine cmd[/code]
So now you can go ahead and install other programs you want.
Please feel free to share your install experience 🙂comments powered by Disqus