Meet The Experts - Agility on September, 4th - codecentric AG Blog
The first Meet the Experts – Performance took place in June and was a day to remember for all participants and organizers: new contacts were made, new insights and knowledge was gained, interesting discussions were happening – also food, drinks and atmosphere were great 🙂 (See Slides & Pics from the event!)
The content of the second Meet the Experts is fixed and I am extremely happy, that we managed to gather the German-speaking experts also for the coming topic Agility:
- Simon Roberts is freelancer agile software engineer and project manager, certified Scrum Master and registered PRINCE2 user. His engagements often consist of leading the first steps of an organisation towards agile software development. The connecting theme of his work is his passion to help organizations to find more effective ways for their software projects.
- Boris Gloger was the first certified Scrum Trainer in Europe. Since 2004 he works as freelance Scrum consultant.
After working for several European companies as project manager, team leader and head of software development (EDS, Broad Vision, ONE, Web.de), he decided to focus completely on Scrum.
- Henning Wolf is managing director of it-agile in Hamburg. He has several years of experience from agile software projects (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, FDD) as developer, project manager and consultant. He published numerous articles and papers on agile software development and is author of the books “Software entwickeln mit eXtreme Programming” and “Agile Softwareentwicklung”. Henning Wolf helps companies and organizations to introduce agile methods.
- Dietmar Strasser is Director of Quality Assurance in Borland’s largest development lab in Linz, Austria. He is integral part of the Silk development team since 12 years. As quality coach he is responsible for the continuous improvement of the software quality processes since 2008, supports the Scrum teams to introduce new features with highest quality with his domain knowledge, and is responsible for coordination with the enterprise quality centers in Signapur and .
- Andreas Ebbert-Karroum is leading the competence center agility at codecentric. Since more than three years, he is certified Scrum Master. Since then he could apply his competencies in little and large (> 300 persons), internal and external, local and global projects as developer, Scrum Master or Product Owner. His focus at codecentric is the continuous improvement of the development processes in real projects, where technical, organizational and social capabilities give the challenging constraints to work in.
The pitch of the performance event was rather technical, much code examples and discussions covering unknown depths of the JVM. The agility event will be interesting on a completely different level. We will discuss how to pull through projects with agile methods, how those can be introduced in companies large and small and make them stick, and how that affects the teamwork. Additionally we offer a training to become “Certified Scrum Product Owner”. The Product Owner role is continuously tagged as the most difficult one to do right in Scrum, interestingly there are only few trainings available. So we are very happy that we could win Simon Robers as competent partner and expert for that training.
So this is the agenda for the Meet the Experts on Agility:
Certified Scrum Product Owner | 02.09.- 03.09.2009
Simon Roberts will explain to a limited set of participants (max 20 persons!), what makes a good Product Owner, and where are perils and pitfalls (and of course also how to avoid or handle them). He will cover important topics like: Agile Foundations, Product Vision and Backlog, Agile Estimations, User Stories, Release Planning, Controlling and Reporting, Scaling Scrum and Retrospectives. Details can be found on the Meet the Experts Homepage under Trainings, where you can immediatly register (training is in German!).
Meet the Experts – Agilität | 04.09.2009
The Meet the Experts will take place like last time, with first-class setup, sessions and an open space to enable the participants to place topics, which are dear to their heart or currently aching in their project, but are missing on the agenda. The agenda from our experts is:
- Henning Wolf: Agile Methoden im Überblick: Scrum, XP, FDD, Kanban
- Andreas Ebbert-Karroum: Scrum Best Practices
- Boris Gloger: Going Large By Staying Small
- Dietmar Strasser: Agile Transformation aus Sicht eines QS Managers
- Simon Roberts: Making Scrum Stick: Sustainable Enterprise Transitions
Despite the English session titles, all talks will be held in German. The registration is enabled. I’m looking forward to that day and our guests. Maybe we even see the week before at the Agile 2009 conference in Chicago?